If you purchased or received a 2019–2020 Ikon Pass, you may be entitled to benefits from a class action settlement.
A federal court authorized the Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against Alterra Mountain Company, Alterra Mountain Company U.S. Inc., and Ikon Pass Inc. (together “Alterra” or “Defendants”) seeking money back for 2019-2020 Ikon Passes and Ikon Base Passes (“2019/20 Ikon Passes”) because of ski resort closures in March 2020 due to COVID-19.
- If you are included in the Settlement, you may qualify for a Pass Credit toward the purchase of a 2023/24 or 2024/25 Ikon Pass product, or a Lift Product Voucher toward the purchase and use on or before July 31, 2025 of one single-day lift ticket at any single Alterra-owned or operated resort (“Alterra Resort”).
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Read this website carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
If you do not object to the settlement, exclude yourself from the settlement, or submit a Claim Form, you will give up your right to ever be part of another lawsuit against Defendants about the legal claims resolved by this Settlement.
However, if you do nothing, you will still automatically receive in your online Ikon Pass account the Pass Credit to which you are eligible under the settlement.
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||
Submitting a Claim Form is the only way to elect to receive a Lift Product Voucher instead of a Pass Credit. A Claim Form is not required to receive a Pass Credit if you are otherwise eligible.
The deadline to submit a Claim Form is January 2, 2023.
Exclude yourself by November 18, 2022 and get no award from the proposed settlement. This is the only choice that allows you to participate in another lawsuit against Defendants about the claims at issue in this case covered by the Class Period.
You can write to the Court by November 18, 2022 about why you don’t like the Settlement.
|ATTEND THE FAIRNESS HEARING||
You may request an opportunity to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.
Date: January 19, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
- These rights and options are explained in the Long Form Notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. If the Court approves the Settlement and you submit a valid claim, benefits will be issued after any appeals are resolved. Please check this website for updates.